This a new version of Digirig Mobile from the pilot production batch.
Revision 1.5 is also available at lower price and offers the same functionality for compatible radios.
Please please continue reading for important info.
What is added:
– configurable 3.3V output for TX-500 radio (see pinout in product pictures)
– configurable RS-232 serial interface levels for Elecraft KX radios, older Kendwoods and other radios with DB9 serial connector
– configurable CI-V one wire serial interface used in some Icom radios
if you want me to pre-configure interface for one of the above options, please specify that in the order notes or in email shortly after purchase.
What is removed:
– one of the two open collector drivers (DTR).
What is changed:
– radio side TRS sockets replaced with TRRS sockets to accommodate additional connections maintaining backward compatibility with the existing cables
– PTT line driver is permanently available on audio connector allowing single wire connections where CAT control is not required
– surface mounted socket are replaced with through hole mounting for improved mechanical strength
– this revision has expanded bill of materials and we got bitten by the silicon supply disruption so there is price increase of $10
– those who purchased from Digirig store before get $10 discount. Please provide your previous order ID in the note or email and I’ll issue a partial refund for new order
– if you got revision 1.5 in last 30 days, but really need the additional CAT support compatibility of 1.6 – email me, we’ll sort something out
– pre-built cables for TX-500 are coming in about a month. Even if you prefer to wait for the cables, I would recommend getting the interface now because it may not be in stock when the cables roll in
– pre-built cables for Elecraft KX models and Icoms with 13 pin connector are on the todo list and may become available later in the year
– existing Xiegu and Yaesu cables will continue to work with this revision, but there is no point to change the interface with those radios because they are at full compatibility using 1.5